The Academy Football
About the Program
We are an outreach program of Miami Valley Christian Academy (MVCA). You do not have to attend our school in order to play for The Academy Football program. We welcome boys from all schools.
We will work to accomplish this by following these principles and guidelines:
- We are Christ followers who share our faith openly and work to create men of Christ-centered character and God-given strength.
- There will be a time of prayer together at practices and games.
- Each player will be treated with respect by all who work with him.
We believe that we are called to go out into the world and make disciples for Christ.
We believe that as Young Men we perform at a much higher level when we are motivated by a higher cause.
We believe that as Young Men we were put here for a higher purpose than just surviving or serving ourselves.
In doing so we will follow some very simple guidelines:
- We will pray and share our faith at all practices and games.
- We will treat each player with the respect that he deserves.
- We will expect each player to show respect and honor for his faith, his parents, and his team. Not only that – but we will teach the benefits of a servants heart.
- We will be in constant pursuit of excellence in everything we do!
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
We welcome all children, regardless of race, creed or national origin.
- Once a week on Thursday afternoons from 3:00-4:15.
- Starts in early September
- Players participate in drills and skills. They then play some “Flag” football at the end of each session.
3rd thru 6th grades: Contact Football
- Practices start in August.
- Football consists of 3 days a week maximum!
- Starting in August practices are Tuesday/Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- In September and October practices are Tuesday/Thursday evenings and games are on either Saturday or Sunday.
- All teams practice at Short Park in Newtown at the same time.
- All players will play a minimum of 2 quarters on either offense or defense.
- There are no weight limits for playing. By league rules, a player may need to be designated as a lineman depending on his weight.
- There are no tryouts.
Middle School (7th & 8th grades): Contact Football
- We welcome Boys from all schools.
- No tryouts.
- Practices weekdays (Monday thru Friday).
- August 14th thru 18th practices are from 6:00PM-9:00PM
- Starting August 21st practices are from 3:00 to 5:30 (after school)
- Practices are held at Short Park in Newtown.
- Playing time is dependent upon
- overall attitude
- team spirit
- evidence of growth & improvement
- great sportsmanship
- paying attention at practices and games
- respect for fellow teammates
- respect for coaches
- attendance at practices and games
- work ethic at practices and games
- August – October (Game schedules available in August)
- Weekend games last about 1 hour and starts the weekend after Labor Day.
- All Home Games played at Riverside All-Weather Turf Fields
- 3rd-6th Grade Games on either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Middle School Games (7th-8th Grades) are either Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Located at Short Park (3623 Church St, Newtown, OH 45244)
- K-2nd Grade Flag Football – 1 day/week on Thursdays after school
- 3rd-6th Grade Contact Football – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 PLUS a practice or game on the weekend.
- 7th-8th Grade (Middle School) Contact Football – Monday Through Friday after school (3:00-5:15)
Grades K-2: $65
Grades 3-6: $190
Grades 7-8: $190 for MVCA Students & $250 for Non-MVCA Students
Sorry, no refunds after 08/15/19
The Academy Football is open to the public. We are an outreach aspect of Miami Valley Christian Academy and live up to our vision of “Preparing Hearts and Minds to impact the world for Christ.” We encourage and welcome parents who are willing to help with coaching, chain gang, score keeping, and entry gate.
Helmet, pads and uniforms are provided. Athletes must supply a mouth guard, and cleats.